Hooray, the holidays are here! I look forward to the parties all season. I truly love to cook and entertain, and get excited about all of the opportunities to have friends and family over this time of year. I seem to always have a cocktail in my hand at these gatherings, which is a bit dangerous for me as I tend to eat a little more when I have been sipping champagne! These roasted chickpeas are a great healthy snack to set out among the cocktails to curb appetites. They are easy to munch on and are very low fat. Mixed nuts are also a great alternative, but I find these roasted chickpeas to be a delicious option that many people don’t eat on a regular basis so it feels a little more special. I use pre-seasoned blends to make these super easy and quick to make, so you can adjust the flavors to whatever kind of menu theme or mood you are craving.
Watch my latest YouTube video below for simple 3 steps and 5 ingredients you need to make this healthy snack or view it at my YouTube channel here.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons season blend of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or tamari/soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3. Spread chickpeas out on paper and toss with vegetable stock (or oil), Bragg's, seasonings, and lemon juice.
- 4. Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes until desired crispiness.
I am curious…what is your favorite season blend? Please share in the comments below. I would love to try it on my next batch of roasted chickpeas! For more healthy and delicious recipes, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a video!