These vegan chili cheese fries are so easy that I am not even sure I can call this a recipe! It’s a bit of a riff on one of my family’s favorite dinner meals – chili potatoes. I replaced the potatoes with fries and piled on the toppings for an extravagant homemade-ish meal.
Homemade-ish is my answer to a busy person’s answer to get a home cooked meal on the table in 30 minutes or less. These recipes take some help from the grocery store and some prepared ingredients. In this recipe, I am using a canned chili (although any of these homemade recipes would taste fantastic too!) and frozen french fries instead of freshly cut spuds. My family has two favorite canned chilis – Amy’s Vegan Chili and Trader Joe’s Vegetarian Chili (which is also vegan). Some of my favorite toppings that I have piled on are Daiya’s cheddar style shreds, Tofutti sour cream, and red onion.
- 1 bag frozen French fries
- 1 can of vegan chili
- 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar style shreds
- 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream (such as Tofutti)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1. Prepare the fries according to package directions and set aside.
- 2. Heat the chili until piping hot.
- 3. Place the French fries on a platter. Smother the chili on top.
- 4. Top with the cheese, sour cream, and red onion.
See what I mean by how easy this “recipe” is?! How do you like to top your vegan chili cheese fries? Tell me in the comments below!