I have always been a fan of the slow cooker (aka crockpot), but I have come to depend on it after reading Robin Robertson’s Fresh From The Vegan Slow Cooker. That cookbook provides a fresh take on slow cooking, while providing delicious vegan recipes that taste healthy and light. I am grateful to this cookbook for showing me just how fabulous and versatile the slow cooker can be. I use my slow cooker about once a week to make a homecooked family-pleasing meal on those busy days that I don’t have time to cook in the evening, and also for those times that I want to prep in the morning and not have to think about dinner for the rest of the day. Hail to the slow cooker!
Try one of these slow cooker recipes for an easy and delicious family meal.
1. Robin Robertson’s Crockpot Callaloo Soup from Fresh From The Vegan Slow Cooker
2. Robin Robertson’s Two-Lentil Chili from Fresh From The Vegan Slow Cooker
3. Kathy Hester’s Hot and Sour Soup from The Vegan Slow Cooker
4. VeegMama’s Slow Cooker Vegan Chili
5. The Kitchn’s Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew
6. Mother Hubbard’s Vegan Beefless Stew