Vegan bowls are kind of a thing in the vegansphere. Most of the vegan cookbooks and blogs I read have tons of bowl recipes. They have come to be one of my favorite meal ideas, and my family loves them too. I like that I can serve everything family style (the DOR way) so that every one can customize and build their bowl to their liking. My latest creation is a Teriyaki Tempeh Bowl using the Edamame Hummus recipe I gave you last week. Let me know what you think!
Teriyaki Tempeh Bowl
1 package of tempeh, cut into chunks
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Soyaki Sauce)
Spinach and/or baby kale (like the Power Greens mix at Trader Joe’s)
Snap peas (trimmed and sliced)
1. Steam the tempeh for about 10 minutes.
2. Remove the tempeh from pan and combine in a bowl with the teriyaki sauce.
3. Heat a skillet and cook the tempeh approximately 10 minutes, turning the pieces so they get browned on all sides.
4. To assemble, lay some greens on the bottom of the bowl. Add a scoop of rice. Spoon some tempeh on one side and continue to add and layer the vegetables into the bowl.
5. Top with 2 tablespoons (or more!) of the edamame hummus and a drizzle of additional teriyaki sauce, if desired.