It’s been two days since I’ve been back to work and my kids are back at school, but I been cleaning up my diet since last week. I indulged over the holidays and spent New Year’s Eve in Mammoth with friends, so there was lots of food and wine!! I didn’t deprive myself, but also didn’t gorge either! Still, I was feeling bloated and heavy after two weeks out of my routine. Can you relate?
One of my favorite things to do when I am feeling off track with my diet is to detox. My go-to detox routine is a juice cleanse. I have tried a few, including Nekter and Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Juice cleanse. Both are great and I highly recommend you check both out, but my recent favorite is Suja’s 3-day cleanse available at Costco. It is very affordable, more than most, and they recommend you supplement it with small meals that they outline for you in an accompanying recipe booklet. It’s just what I needed last week to reboot my diet and get back into my routine.
Today, I am sharing two of my favorite homemade detox juices. These are easy to make, especially if you wash and prep your produce when you get it home from the store. I start with a green juice every morning and it makes such a difference in how my body feels for the day. I also feel like when I start the day with such a clean boost, I set myself up for healthy eating the rest of the day! The other detox juice I am showing you today is my Skinny Lemonade. It is super simple with just three ingredients. I pour it all into my water bottle, shake it up, and am ready to go.
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic broccoli stalk (some times I use the head too, depending on the size of the stalk)
- 1 organic celery stalk and leaves (if my stalk is lucky enough to be sprouting any)
- 2 fistfuls of organic kale (I also mix in chard and spinach from time to time)
- 1-2 slices of fresh ginger root
- 1 organic Granny Smith green apple
- 1. Juice all ingredients in a high speed juicer.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 cups of filtered water
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Handful of ice
- 1 teaspoon agave (optional) – I like mine tart so I don’t use agave, but you may want to try it with/without to see what you like best.
- Combine all ingredients. Shake and serve. I pour all of the ingredients into my water bottle for the day, shake it up and I am ready to go!
I’d love to hear how you are detoxing after holiday binging. Do you have a favorite way to cleanse? Let me know in the comments below. If you need some extra help getting back on track after the holidays, check out my 21-Day Vegan Diet Makeover ecourse on DailyOM. Even if you aren’t interested in adopting a 100% vegan diet, this course will help you implement healthy habits into your diet. The daily lessons and challenges are easy and fun, with lots of recipes and resources. You will get lots of great info for healthy eating. Click on the image below for more info or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a video!