A simple pasta dish is all I need for an elegant meal. For some reason, linguine has been calling my name lately. It’s my go-to pasta when I want to create a dish that is just a little more special than your regular noodles with marinara. Toss it with some some homemade garlic olive oil, lemon juice, and capers, and this Garlic Cauliflower Linguine is my answer to what to serve for New Year’s Eve!
In my latest cooking video, I show you how to make this simple recipe step-by-step. Watch the video below or head on over to my YouTube Channel!
- 1 pound of linguine
- 3 cups sliced cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dairy-free Parmesan cheese, such as GoVeggie! Foods
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Prepare the linguine according to package directions.
- 2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large pan. Once it is hot, add the garlic and cauliflower. Cook until the cauliflower slices are golden brown on each side.
- 3. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and salt. Stir to combine.
- 4. Drain the pasta, reserving a 1/2 cup of the liquid. Pour the drained pasta into a serving dish, along with the reserved liquid and cauliflower mixture.
- 5. Sprinkle in the capers, zest and dairy-free Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Taste and add more salt, pepper, or cheese as necessary.
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below, and be sure to tag #VeegMama in your social media pics. I love seeing what you are cooking!!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a video! Have you downloaded a copy of my free recipe booklet with recipes ready in 30 minutes or less? Click the image below to download yours!
As we head into the new year, I have two healthy resources to help you live your most vibrant self:
The 21 Day Vegan Diet Makeover is my new online course featured on DailyOm. In this 21-day course, I teach you how to modify your diet seamlessly with small, daily changes. Each day includes a new lesson for transitioning to eating plant-based, along with a challenge related to that lesson. By the end of the 21 days, you will be living easily and deliciously vegan! Registration is now open here.