I was the mom in charge of soccer snack at one of my son’s games recently so I made a big batch of snack mix and brought along some popsicles for a savory and sweet treat. I made way more than I needed, which turned out to be a great thing because my husband and kids loved it! I had 1 crunchy (see my lunch box formula) set for school lunches all week! Since then, I have been getting requests weekly from kids for this mix. It’s so easy and quick to make that it has become part of my Sunday batch cooking. I made mine savory, but you could also make a sweet blend by using Cinnamon Sugar or another favorite sweet blend. You could also easily make this gluten-free by using gluten-free pretzels. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Homemade Snack Mix
6 cups pretzels
6 cups rice “Chex” style cereal
6 cups Earth Balance Buttery Popcorn
1/4 cup Earth Balance Butter Spread, melted
3 TBL seasoning mix of your choice (I use Penzey’s Spices Sandwich Sprinkle)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread pretzels and cereal in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
3. Pour Earth Balance melted spread over the mix. Sprinkle your seasoning on top and toss until well combined.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool about 10 minutes. Stir in the popcorn.
6. Store in an airtight container for about a week.